Using Remedi’s proprietary miniature X-ray tube, the IORT targets skin cancer and breast cancer treatment for breast conserving surgery.
Remedi’s innovative IORT system enables breast cancer treatment in only 1 day which usually takes 6~8 weeks.
- Development of Intraoperative Radiotherapy (IORT) with miniature X-ray tube
- Target diseases; breast, head and neck cancer, skin cancer, keloid, etc.
- Animal radiotherapy
IORT allows direct radiation to the target area while sparing normal surrounding tissue. IORT is used to treat cancers that are difficult to remove during surgery and when there is a concern that microscopic amounts of cancer may remain.
Overcoming regional imbalance in domestic area and developing country
Improving the quality of life by the expansion of the product supply
- Conventional external beam radiation therapy
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy
- Image guided radiation therapy
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy
It features several built-in safety measures to ensure that it will deliver the dose as prescribed and is routinely checked by a medical physicist to ensure it is working
If you’re scheduled for radiation therapy using a LINAC, your radiation oncologist will collaborate with a radiation dosimetrist and a medical physicist to develop a treatment
plan for you. They will double-check this plan before treatment begins and implement quality assurance procedures to ensure that each treatment is delivered in the exact same manner.